one day english course
Esther George, midwife and certified HypnoBirthing trainer
Pregnant English speaking women and their (birth) partner
One day HypnoBirthing course on Sundays from 10 AM till 5 PM
Dates in 2020: October 25th and November 29th
The pregnancy course HypnoBirthing teaches you to put yourself into a deep state of relaxation and concentration during labour, with breathing- and visualisation exercises. Your (birth)partner will also be taught to apply the “light touch massage” to you, which will reduce the pain experience. You will receive extensive information about birth, about giving birth in the Netherlands, what you can expect and what you can do to keep yourself in control during labour and contractions. Therefore we will also write a Birth Plan together. At home you will watch beautiful HypnoBirthing movies, important to create a positive mindset about giving birth. So that you are well prepared for the birth of your child and the entrance to the world becomes a beautiful and positive experience.
During the HypnoBirthing course you will learn more about:
• Giving birth in general and what happens with your body during labour (what to expect, what to do, how the Dutch system works)
• Slow breathing technique, to put you in immediate relaxation at any time
• The Fear-Tension-Pain circle and how to eliminate that, instead we will learn the importance of the Trust-Relaxation-Endorphin circle
• Several relaxation-, and visualisation exercises
• Important tools for the birth partner: what to expect, what to do to help her during labour, light touch massage
• Letting go of fears for birth exercise if nescesarry
• Writing a birth plan (what circumstances you find important during labour)
• Importance to move freely during labour
At the end of the course individual phone call appointments will be planned with everyone with 37 weeks, to answer individual questions.
After this course you and your partner will be self confident and well-prepared to give birth in the Netherlands
€350,- including all course material, lunch, individual phone call at 37 weeks.
Because the course is given by a midwife, it is often reimbursed by your health insurance!
Sign up or more information?